Shit Happens

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Published Poetry!!

I received a response yesterday regarding some poetry I submitted to a magazine/journal called "California quarterly" - and for once it was an acceptance notice!! My payment is one copy.Poetry life has little to no funding, so this is actually common. And I don't remember anything about the magazine, just sending the submission. My work will appear in CQ Vol.30 No.4. A copy can be purchased for $7. (haha)


It accepted "To the Girls Upstairs", which is far from my best work, but I'm not in a position to complain.


You are nice, it is lucky we are neighbors.

I don't have cable, but you do
and I feel as if I'm there with you, and your TV friends,
all day, every day, until midnight each night.

I don't get enough of the Dead, although I enjoy your pictures,
posters, and bumper stickers when I come up to visit. Through you
I get my daily dose of classic rock.

And techno. I don't care for it myself, but my roommate
likes it. It is convenient that you've picked up the CDs
she hasn't gotten around to puchasing herself.

It is too bad about the heat, but 62 is more than enough for the pipes
not to freeze. I heard the girls last year had space
heaters, maybe you'll get one for your bird. I know
he gets cold. I bet your ferrets are especially cute when they huddle
together at night.

Do they mate more in the winter, like humans? If not, maybe they
are distracted by the TV - you could get them movies to set the mood.

I have extra blankets you can borrow; I have 5 on my bed
alone. But I suppose you keep plenty warm by all the furniture
you move. My roommate says it's your bed rocking when you have sex,
but your boyfriend is here only every other weekend.
I do not feel it is my place to ask. Instead, I will keep en eye open for any rearranging.



1 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger gotshoo.com said…

    congrautlations.

    How about some poetry about my butt? I think you could get a lot of money for that kind of stuff.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home