Shit Happens

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Complaints

While playing some darts last night the people next to us talked about religion last night, and how sometimes their faith is a challenge when it contridicts science. Hate it when that happens.

I'm stepping it up looking at othet employment. I had major religion issues for years, and then finally calmed down and decided that anything that helps a person out and is a positive infulence in their life is OK, even if it is equivlent to believing a fat man named santa squeeezes in billions of chimenys every year, in a single night. I don't believe the majority of christians use their faith in a way that is positive for anyone besides themselves, but sometimes one makes excuses in order to cope with reality.

After few months of "church life" it's starting to get to me again. Severely. I work with 3 grown men who believe Jesus is coming back and that gay people can be reformed. Right now, McDonalds is looking pretty good-at least I won't have to bite my tounge when someone talks about what god "wants".

I didn't sleep well last night and it's worn me out and made me a little bit of a cranky bitch. I hate being a cranky bitch. My mom has started threatening to kick me out. I doubt she would actually do that, but she's comparing me to my kiss-ass brother and his girlfriend who come over to watch home improvement shows together. 23 may be the age that living at home is really not that plausiable.

I went to the gym again today. I did a combined 45 minutes on the treadmill and bike. No matter what I do on an exercise bike it seems like I'm slacking off. When it gets warm I'll ride my real bike which will probably kick my ass. I didn't do any weights, my reasoning is that we have a weight machine at my house, but in reality it's because the machines intimidate me, no matter how many times I have used them. Silly, eh?


3 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    Religion makes for fine comedy, but if you take it too seriously it will either save you (make you boring) or kill you (send you to hell).

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger gotshoo.com said…

    Meliss, you need to do the weights. You don't know how much more beneficial they are to your work out. I know what you mean about intimidation about using them. You look over seeing guys or girls doing 5 sets with 80lbs in each hand. I am a (not little in any way) small guy, I've become aware to this too. I still just do them anyway and concentrate on what I am doing. You feel better afterwards.

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger philo said…

    a nice gay person told me last night that he likes gyms because they're so intimidating but so sexual (he didn't tell me specifically. he told the whole room. but he did ask to rub my head when he met me)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home