Shit Happens

Monday, January 31, 2005

Over Easy

I feel alseep last night aroud 10pm, after popping 2 tylonal pms. I won't take sleeping pills, but since I can take tylonal pm under the premise of pain medication, I'm ok with it. I noticed when I went to put in my contacts this morning before the gy, (how do people sweat in glasses??) that I already had them in. I guess I can't handle my "pain relievers".

When I got to work this morning the "other Roy" was cleaning up. The other Roy is not like the "other white meat". This Roy knows when to stop his friendly chatting and that I don't need to hear what he has done for every second, of every minute, since I last saw him. This Roy does not make me crazy and want to rip out his tongue. The "other Roy" (who has been out for a month after falling off a roof, he said if the latter didn't break his fall, the conrete probably would have killed him, tough break) is definitely my preferred Roy.

Roy drinks coffee. I also enjoy coffee, but have never made my own. That is right, I have never placed a coffee filter wherever it goes, nor located the button you use to fill it with water. And I really don't know what to do with the beans. I've never had too. I have only been drinking coffee for less than a year and one of my homeless friends used to make it for me every morning.

Some of you may feel put off by a homeless man making your coffee. This guy had been in the shelter since being released from prison for child molestation. I actually really liked him, the times I made myself at least semi-forget about the children. He eventually moved out with this lady (who had children, but not custody of them, for an unknown reason) and a gay couple. And this guy was country. He thought hillbilly jokes were really funny and considered himself a redneck. He had a confederate flag tattoo on his arm, but he was from Southern Il. But he was okay with the gay (male) couple, which I found interesting.

Before that guy took over making my coffee, an Amazon black man named Kevin w/ missing teeth (apparently crack messes up your teath) made it for me. His wife was in jail and he was dating someone from his NA group.

Anyway, when I went to make my coffee this morning, I didn't know what to put in it. I knew they put something in it to make it creamy colored (no jokes, please!), but I didn't know if it was cream or sugar or milk or what. I finally put in one packet of cream and 2 packets of sugar. Is that normal? Do I drink really wussy coffee??

So the next time one of you guys are making me breakfast, that's how I take my coffee. And I like my eggs over easy.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger JLHB said…

    Is Roy #1 also a child molester? Why are homeless child molesters cleaning the church?

    There are TONS of homeless people here in Austin- they hang out at ARCH (Austin Resource Center for the Homeless). At least they know to hang out in a semi-warm enviro AND this being a college town, I swear I saw a man in a cute little Mini-Cooper apologizing to a homeless man for not being able to give him money. Thought that only happened in LA :).

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger ed said…

    Does it count as making breakfest if I happen to have leftover donuts and share them?? Oh wait, that wouldn't, when would I ever have leftover donuts. Silly me, you'll have to settle for a McDonald's hash brown and a hug, or I could venture into the kitchen and burn something.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    I don't believe EITHER of the church Roys are child molesters- the molesters were specific to my job at the shelter.

    And homeless people can be tricky, I often apologized for not being able to give them money (although I was lying at least half the time).

    bus and food money ok, crack money not ok.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    hash browns and a hug sound great! neither of us should go anywhere near a kitchen

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home