Shit Happens

Monday, January 24, 2005

Poetry?

I was reading through a Sharon Olds book of poetry I've had for a while (The Dead and the Living) and found some notes (a poem skeleton) that actually didn't look so bad.
Stabbing into me
over
and
over
severing my legs apart, entering
my exposed dripping gut (a fish with his insides
left leaking and torn) You're new
and I don't want to scare you so I gasp
"harder"
and
"faster"
softly, urgently, as if your body left mine
no choice. And you comply
knifing me
over
and
over
premeditated (or presumed sane) the way you
rest before going at it
again
ignoring the steady trickle
of blood

It's just a draft, and I only know how to make paragraph breaks in blog life, not regular a regular "return". But I'm getting there.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Bakaya said…

    Melissa, were you still interested in the job i know about? if so, let me know. we are STILL looking for people, we keep getting interviews with people who are either really bad or creepy constant eye contact people. Help!

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Julia said…

    yep, that's about right...that's just about the experience from a girl's point of view.

    Very nice!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger philo said…

    i don't know what kind of guys you know that don't mind blood. it always reminds me of how reproductive the whole thing is, and i thought most of us were the same that way.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger philo said…

    pretty badass poem though. i hope this means you've been writing.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home