Shit Happens

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Frustrated

I remember why I never have anything to do at work, because they give it to me all at once! The pastor wants to me make a church bulletin, in addition to the 2 youth bulletins I already do, and a parent one. Which shouldn't be a big deal, I can edit and do layouts ok. But he's acting like I should come up with magical copy to fill 2 pages. I don't even go to church, let alone here. The the fuck would I write about? I am not going to look up what is "hip" in bible news today. I need to protect the little integrity I have left.

I forgot to fax this print usage report, which will cost the church $100. Before I got here, one of the Pastors forgot to do it, so at least I'm not alone. I'm faxing it today, late, which won't make a difference. But they won't know until they get the bill and then I am going to feel even worse. They don't provide me with a calendar, and I only have a daily one on my desk, nothing to remind me to fax this stupid copy report. I'll come up with a new system by tomorrow. (probably just print my own calendar in Publisher)

I have this budget stuff I need to do in excel, but I don't really know how to do anything in excel except make plain spread sheets and input data. Some of the data that needs to be input is missing and the Pastor acts like I should be able to magically find it (it's not even that important) but the accountant has been keeping track of it up until now.

I realize I don't do shit most of the time, and I probably shouldn't complain, but it's frustrating to be given incomplete directions and projects I can't finish until they get around to giving me the information.

On top of that, my mom said my poor dad has 5 kidney stones he needs to have removed. I didn't even know you could get 5 at once. He must have went to the doctor, because usually he just waits them out (very unsafe). I haven't found a painkiller to cut kidney stone pain; he's going to be a raging ass when I get home. Hopefully he has them zapped tomorrow. I feel really bad he is in pain, but he lets serious medical problems go.

I have my period and I'm still doing this dieting/extra exercising thing. The exercising makes me feel better, great stress relief, but there never seems like a convenient time to go. Which brings me back to how I can't get out of bed at 5:30am like I should (best time for a bunch of reasons) to get moving.

I'm working on it. And at least I don't have kidney stones. And my doctor took pity on me a long time ago prescribing adivan. (clausipin?) Two of those suckers generally calms my occational panic attacks.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    Very entertaining. I'm sorry you're feeling woeful and that you are sandwiched between 2 roys and 2 pastors, that would drive any sane person mad.

    If you need hip bible tips, shoot me an e-mail, I'm full of them.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    i appreciate your sympathy.

    and there's actually THREE pastors.
    i know, almost too many to fatham

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home