Shit Happens

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Girlfriends

Augh! I was all ready for the gym, and couldn't find my headphones. I think I put them through the wash. So now I'm going to just do weights, which I generally avoid because I am scared of them. I am even scared of the weight set in my basement. I am scared of taking off all the big weights off the bar that my brother has left on and then maybe getting it stuck on my neck/tummy/crotch like Phil did in his weightroom horror story. Can I take them off by myself without the bar tipping over on me?

I've been a little phone obsessed lately. I hate the phone. I don't even have voicemail. BUt altely I've been on calling sprees. My friends have been great about humoring me, espeically since I don't have much of interet to say. This girl called me that I gave my number too last weekend, she was really nice and walked to to this bar with her friends downtown when she saw I was by myself. (I was sick of waiting for my friends to get it together to leave where we were at) It was so nice, she didn't have too.

But I haven't "picked up" a new girl friend in over a year. I'm nervous. What do we talk about? Do I invite her for coffee? Dinner? Drinks??

6 Comments:

  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger philo said…

    drinks. definitely drinks. encourage backrubs. take the weights off both sides evenly so it doesn't tip.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    i do enjoy backrubs...

    i don't understand what exactly is in danger of "tipping" though

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger philo said…

    the bar. don't take all the weights off one side or it'll tip.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    i totally thought you meant the bar our drinks were on during our "girl date"

     
  • At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    You picked me up in the last year as a girlfriend. We are friends, RIGHT?!

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    that's true. but we had friends in common so it was easier.

    should i make you a friendship bracelet to reaffirm our friendship and as a symbol of our commitment??

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home