Shit Happens

Friday, February 04, 2005

Going to the Chapel...

The next person who tells me they are getting married or having babies I'm going to scream!!

That's an exaggeration, but 23 is sooo young. Anna sent me a sappy pic of my old housemate Doria (24) and her, beau, Paul (30-something). She doesn't get married until this summer, but already has a pic of them in our alumni magazine with his last name!! I might download the pic once I get hello on this computer, for a vishual.

Over Christmas, I heard of about 5 different couples getting engaged. WOW. I ran into Jessie Minor at Applebees this week who is also engaged. (HS gossip) My friend Leah, who had a complete faiy tale romance (literaily, it's sickenly cute!) and wedding is now ready for kids!!

Jeese. At least I'm not depressed and whiney about it like so many women seem to be. I have NO desire to get married and have babies anytime soon. (I actually NEVER want babies) I'm just sort of amazed. I suppose if I still feel like this when I'm 40 then it will be difinitvely proven I am missing essential female genes nessasry for the continuation of the human race.

HAHA

6 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    Take your time, doll-face. So much time...

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Anti-Blogger said…

    Hate to say it, but I am getting married AND I am having babies. Both are medical miracles!

    Actually...no...no I am not. Sorry...

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said…

    Yeah. I know it sucks to hear about all these married people. But let me tell ya: the steady bang is tempting.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    2 things. AB is a dirty bastard who lies about VD and the steady bang is neither true, nor tempting. Please wait, or call me later and I'll explain it in person.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger aughra said…

    I was married and with child at 23, but I have always been preternaturally mature. I did a lot of fucking living in those 23 years.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger gotshoo.com said…

    Meliss, I think you are suffering from a bad case of 'Not getting any'. You were out and about in full force last night grabbing not only my ass, but my female friend's ass (eqaul opportunity ass grabber). I hope this was beneficial to the point you got 'some' last night.

    Because my ass is so sore :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home