Shit Happens

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

No, I don't like country music, but I do like the "Ride a Cowboy" Song (and I do enjoy cowboys-with their tight jeans, big... hats, and good manners). When I flip through the channels on the way to work I pause past the country radio station to see if it's on .

It never is.

I could not get out of the bed to go to the gym this morning, which means I have to go tonight. My mom saw some Oprah diet show. Personally, Oprah creeps me out, but my mom is over 40, and therefore loves Oprah. I agreed to start some Oprah diet thing, this includes eight carido workouts a week, no food before bed, no drinking, and no white food for three months. I'm not quite sure why Oprah is prejudice against white food, but I'm going with it.

This starts next week. I will be cranky. But maybe skinny(ish). I feel bad for my brother and dad who have to live with us.

My brother is 19, and a little cutie. Him and his little hot girlfriend do their surreal life hot thing and probably laugh at us mortals. We call my dad the "Fat Man". Brother started it. We don't say it to his face, of course, but we mean it out of love. Sort of.

Example: "The Fat Man ate the bag of chips I bought yesterday". Or, "The Fat Man says he needs a clean shirt to wear tomorrow".

My mom isn't really into it, but Chris (brother) and I say it whenever we're irritated with him.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Bakaya said…

    Im so proud of you for getting an interview at Ho Mann!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger JLHB said…

    Yeah, good job about Ho Mann. AND I can relate to your fat man story. See, once time I asked my mom where "Francoise" was. That was my nickname at the time for my grandma Frances. Anyway, Mom says, "Oh, he's at work." I clarified who I was really looking for and she cracked up, she thought I had asked "where's Fat Slob" which she had thought to be a pet name for my dad.

    Bad hearing runs in the family as a couple years back, my sometimes volatile and "fat slob" father was having an episode, yelling at me to get some pepper. I thought he had called me a "heiffer." And a riot almost ensued. A teenage riot.

    XOXO- Jess

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    becky- interview is thursday. any advice??

    jess- that would deffinatly incite a riot like reaction from me. i love your dad. papa angelo is the cutest

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger philo said…

    i hate opra so bad. does laying off white foods mean that white castle is out?

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    phil- i don't even like white castle

    but my mom asked if ice cream was ok, i told her as long as she got chocolate she should be fine. she said she would at least get low fat :/

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home