Shit Happens

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Letter of Resignation

I just put this on my boss's desk. He's out for a few hours and I want to leave early because I'm a big pussy and hate letting people down and I know his feelings are going to be hurt. (since I'm the third employee to quit this month)

But I won't.

Dear ,

Thank you for the opportunity to work at First General Baptist Church. I really appreciate what this church stands for, the support it provides for its members, and the community as a whole.

After much thought, and serious discussions with family and friends, I have decided to pursue a different career.

Therefore, this letter is to announce my resignation from First General Baptist Church starting today. My last day will be Thursday, April 7, 2005.

Please let me know what I can do to make my final time here a productive experience.

Regards,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger NYCbeauty said…

    I love it. Made me giggle even if it's not intended to. I love how you ask how you can make your finishing up time productive. I'm a pussy too, btw.
    -Jennifer

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Lightning Bug's Butt said…

    I hate having to quit a job. But they seem to always be thrilled that I'm leaving!

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    wow. very articulate. not that i didn't think you weren't. but that's impressive.

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    thanks for your kind words. most of the letter was copied off a sample on the internet!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home