Shit Happens

Friday, March 18, 2005

St. Patty's Day

My day started at 2:30pm today. Well, that's if you don't count an earlier am wake up to pee, grab bread, water, and excedrin, which luckily solved the majority of the hangover problem.

Last night was my first night to drink ANYTHING in nearly a month. It was worth it.

I got drunk. I got drunk and thought it was the weekend, where captain drinks are $1.50 at my favorate bar. I order a double captain and sprite in a pint glass, my ushual weekend beverage. I try to give the bar tender $4, $3 for the drink and $1 for the tip.

He leans over the bar, close to my ear and says, "You know it's not Friday or Saturday." I said, "I know". He replies, "It's 7". Basketball was on and I thought he was refering to a score.
I say, "OK."
He says, "It's not the weekend."
I say, "I know."
He says, "So it's 7."
I say, "I don't understand."
He says, "The drink is $7. It's not the weekend."
I say, "Ohhhhhh. I thought you were talking about basketball. So I owe you more money?"
He says, "Yes, 7."

I give him $8 and walk away very embaressed for inadvertently trying to cheat one of my favorate bar tenders.

But I was too drunk to care that much.

I have another story which involves an old friend, a hickey, and tears. I'll post it later.


4 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger stoli said…

    no comment. waiting for the juicy story.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    I built up the story, I'm not sure if I'm going to post it now. I wasn't involved in the hicky. I don't have a hot hook-up story.

    But when I do, I'll be all over it- all the jcuiy details.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger gotshoo.com said…

    Umm, actually its 1.75 captains on Friday and Saturday. And I hope I am still one of your favorite bartenders. Or I am I just there for the ass grabs that don't happen as much anymore?

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    i knew it changed to $1.75, since i pretend i'm a non-drinker nowadays it's easy to forget

    you guys are all equally my favorite :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home