Shit Happens

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Single friends wanted

I'm very happy that everyone and their brother, and their brother's brother, and their sister, is hooking up. And although I'm excited for you, besides constant sex and someone around to be my heavy lifting, I don't really need/want a guy around.

BUT

I'm running out of single friends! As much as I LOVE being the third wheel and hanging out with you guys when you go home early/spend the entire night cooing at one another/fighting and generally making my natious, being semi-married really is putting you out of commission.

Which is OK, my friends are great, and even though they're not always around as much while they are falling in lust and planning future babies, I can only take so much of it.

Since I never want babies, generally don't "oow and awww" over how "cute" couples are, I'm left in kind of a bind. (not to mention the fact that I would like to hang out without reserving you a month in advance and/or you inviting your man/lady friend along at the last minute nearly every time we see one another)

I'm tempted to post a desperate personal add on yahoo or something pleaing "unattached friends needed". I would use these friends to stay in and watch movies, go out drinking and call throughout the week without knowing that whatever we discussed would not be repeated when we got off the phone because you and your significant other spend 24/7 together and have ran out of your own things to talk about.

******

My 19-year-old brother informed me that on this weekend's camping trip, with MY friends, that I couldn't share a tent with him and his girlfriend (they don't really have any of their own friends left because they spend ALL their time with one another). GROSS. His girlfriend's great, but if he didn't spend his every waking second with her (literally) I would be taking him out to lunch and sneaking him into bars.

I know he doesn't read this, so I'll stop my complaints there.

Anyway, if you're single, and need a buddy, I'm here for you. You're welcome to post your "friend resume" in the comment section so we can get together and possibly do nothing at all.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger joeblow said…

    Hello

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL. I wholeheartedly agree.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger ----------------------------------------- said…

    No shit. It's so much fun when my friends decide they can only hang around with "other couples" because their husbands/boyfriends might feel "left out." Hello, I think he'll be okay on his own for a few hours.

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA! I'm still around (kind of) and will likely be single for the rest of my life....so dont worry :)

    Laura

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    I agree with you. I will be 30 in a month and they are dropping like fly's. Another on bit the dust this weekend and got engaged. That is okay because I have not seen him in 3 months because he always hangs with his girlfriend. Relationships pretty much suck in my book right now anyway. I had to fight to not spend time with my ex. (why dont you invite me) because I dont want to spend all my time with you. Fight Fight Fight, your friends are more important. Well yes they are!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    joe - hi

    anon - thanks

    bez - yes!

    anon - i know and i plan on moving out to a shack in montana with you with poems and rocks to keep up company

    jeff - ew. you'd think women would grow out of that by then. you're not very encouraging jeff!

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    Some women never grow out of the clingy thing. Drives me nutz

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    You know, I'm really sick of hearing men complain about women when I meet tons of sweet, SANE, secure women who are all jaded because you guys are such jerks.

    no offense :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    None Taken. Not all guys are jerks... just the interesting ones.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home