Shit Happens

Friday, September 23, 2005

Finally, someone who is passionate about SOMETHING

I love Phil, he's one of the smartest guys I know. But even geniuses are wrong sometimes.

His comments in regard to this post:

dear melissa,
thank you for your timely post on immigration. here i thought the reason we didn't have 25 million to fix up those levees in the first place was the half-trillion-dollar war, but luckily you're here to point the real finger of blame at the few million La Raza would like us to spend on people who were so poor in the first place that they snuck across the border (usually this costs a few thousand a person) to take a job cleaning toilets or picking cotton. we're probably talking a thousandth of a percent of the cost of the iraq war here, but i guess every penny counts. i say thanks because that article mentions barack obama and i checked out his website and found out he's doing podcasts now and my ipod's on its way. if it makes you feel better a mexican guy talked shit to me in spanish on the bus the other day and i didn't know and somebody had to tell me after the guy got off and the next motherfucker calls me poblano is gonna learn my spanish might suck but my french is on point. we're both haters, but you're hating on people for being poor and i'm just hating on dickheads.
xoxo
phil

*****************************

Dear Bleeding Heart Phil,

Who was the last person you talked to about immigration? Because I think you just reiterated his opinion ...

If my salary ever increases threefold to match yours, I may have a drastic change of heart regarding immigrants who sneak into the country and endanger their children, placing themselves in a situation where they feel they can't take them to the doctor for necessary medical attention because they are afraid they will be turned in and sent back to the country where they are an actual citizen and can legally reside.

Maybe one day, when I can spare the third of my paycheck the government sucks out, I won't mind that there are people here illegally taking jobs that could be offered to people who are here legally and pay their taxes.

I probably won't care about the people who come here, many not even bothering to learn English so they can better function in our society and don't use birth control and have five children (such as the man in this article) to enroll in our already overcrowded and under resources schools.

I don't have a "few thousand" to move to another country, such as the immigrants you mentioned. And if I could, I definitely wouldn't need to sneak in, illegitimately, avoid their taxes, not learn their language and have babies that don't even exist as far as their government is concerned.

So maybe if I'm one day in your situation, I'll be more sympathetic and less bitter about paying border guards to prevent these people who endanger not only their own lives, but also the lives of their children, coming in here on an inadequately supplied boat on a journey that may, or may not kills their family or in a semi truck filled with 30 other people, including children, who may, or may not live through the trip.

Sincerely,

The Heartless Bitch

As for the war, you know I've never supported it and believe that the money and resources spent in Iraq should go toward something more important, such as aide to improve the situation of the poor in our country and abroad. The two issues are completely unrelated and I'm surprised you tried to connect them.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    The Heartless Dick thinks they should all be sent back to there own country until there is no poverty at all in our own. No babies starving, no kids left alone while single mother works 3 Jobs. Fuck them, let there country deal with there problems. Stop giving to anyone until this country has no problems. DOWN WITH WHITEY

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger Sum kinda princess said…

    I couldn't have said it better myself! Great blog, funny chick... I'll be back. Bad Heartless Dick!!

    ambermum.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home