Shit Happens

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

If you didn't hate me before ...

This is an article about Katrina relief and illegal immigrants.

I've already established I'm a horrible person and going to hell for a variety of reasons. This is no different.

****************************

If you're in the country illegally, you don't pay taxes and you're taking a job that someone living her legitament could be working and you've produced FIVE children that you now have to avoid taking to the doctor because it could lead to the deportation of your family -- you don't deserve aide! (Don't people feel guilty putting their children in these situations??!)

Yes, anyone who needs medical attention should receive it and yes, since you snuck in, it's now our responsibility to make sure you don't starve to death or live in horrendous, uninhabitable conditions but once we've adequately bandaged you up, fed and clothed you, we should send you back to Mexico, where you are an actual citizen.

I would LOVE to help everyone in the world, welcome everyone from everywhere and give them all loads of money. We're a rich country and we give aide, we should give more, companies, people, the governments, everyone should be doing more to help health conditions all over the world and help improve the conditions in third world countries. I'm not arguing that point.

But that's irrelevant to my currant rant.

When we get control on our own health care, our own poor people, we'll do that. Until then, I feel we should do what we can for others, but primarily focus on the tax-paying citizens who need assistance. If someone SNEAKS IN they're shit out of luck.

Yes, I know I've never lived in the impoverished conditions some of these people line in. And maybe if I experienced something like that I would feel differently, I hope I do one day (feel differently, not live in a shack). But for now, the gov is taking a shit load out of my check to pay for other people's health care (do you think it's easy to pay for my own?), their drug treatment programs, their TV in their prison cell, their school, their job training, food and shelter.

People who sincerely need help should receive all the resources they need, and unfortunately they don't.

The painting job the alien in the story had fed him, his five children and presumably his wife. SEVEN PEOPLE. I'm sure thousands of the people living in New Orleans before the storm would have done anything for the opportunity for a job that could feed seven.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:53 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    I hear yah sister. Fuck paying for people who are not citizens. Ship them all back to wherever they came from. We have plenty of poor and fucked up people here to deal with. I am sure are government give there's all kinds of money. No political asylum I dont care if your boat made it from Cuba, get your ass back there and deal with Fidel.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    I think there should be some types of asylum, but generally, if it's legit than you won't have to hide out here illegally.

    Did you know Cuba offered a bunch of medical aide to Hurricane Katrina victums, but we said we didn't needs it. "All we wanted from Cuba was for Fidel to free his people so they could live in democracy." hah! What pompous assholes (us)

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    All we need from Cuba is good Cigars

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Your new best friend said…

    I am totally on your side. Call me a bitch, but when I rule the world, I'm gonna get a handle on this whole illegal immigrant situation. How can they complain? They're here ILLEGALLY!! No taxes, no FICA in their pocket taking all their hard-earned dough (like mine). Who the hell is FICA, and why won't he leave my money alone?

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger ccc said…

    Fucking right.
    Send em all back home.
    I don't even pay taxes
    and it pisses me off.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Blog ho said…

    cuban hater

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    jeff - apparently

    friend - FICA?

    ccc - I don't think active military personal should have to pay taxes. They yank your balls enough as it is.

    ho - yes. yes i am

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Understanding said…

    do you all understand how absolutely racist you all sound? "ship them back to where they came from"? Are you serious? Think about it, who says this is our land? Who says we have any say on who can be here and who cant? We STOLE it to begin with.It is people like you that make this world a horrid place.

     
  • At 2:23 AM, Blogger philo said…

    dear melissa,
    thank you for your timely post on immigration. here i thought the reason we didn't have 25 million to fix up those levees in the first place was the half-trillion-dollar war, but luckily you're here to point the real finger of blame at the few million La Raza would like us to spend on people who were so poor in the first place that they snuck across the border (usually this costs a few thousand a person) to take a job cleaning toilets or picking cotton. we're probably talking a thousandth of a percent of the cost of the iraq war here, but i guess every penny counts. i say thanks because that article mentions barack obama and i checked out his website and found out he's doing podcasts now and my ipod's on its way. if it makes you feel better a mexican guy talked shit to me in spanish on the bus the other day and i didn't know and somebody had to tell me after the guy got off and the next motherfucker calls me poblano is gonna learn my spanish might suck but my french is on point. we're both haters, but you're hating on people for being poor and i'm just hating on dickheads.
    xoxo
    phil

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home