Shit Happens

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Thirty Percent

I just opened my VISA bill and my interest is up to THIRTY PERCENT!! I haven't even used the thing in at least a year, I've been slowly paying off the balance. I know sometimes you're rate goes up when your payment is late, and I'm sure sometime it's been late, but not recently.

I have a few other credit cards, that I don't use, but am still paying off from college and the MINIMUM payments on them total around $200/month. This one obviously has the worst interest, but my VS card is around 20%, as is one or two other ones.

I've been thinking about having them all consolidated, but I don't really know how that works. Do they just buy out your debt, give you a fixed rate and set a minimum payment each month? Any suggestions on who I should go through? (my bank? my bank just gave me a huge car loan and probably doesn't want to give me anymore money!)

I've been doing so well getting my bills together and paying them off. I charged two trips to New Orleans and one to Florida while I was in school, along with countless CRAP. I can't imagine how hard it must be for people who make less than I do, have kids and/or a mortgage and have credit cards they are working on with 30% interest.

God Damn

6 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger baggiegenes said…

    I'm in the same boat. I went to a bank and they said they could consolodate my credit cards, but only on a three year loan and since i didn't have a house our anything for collateral i was still only going to get like a 9% intrest rate. The payments ended up being more than my minimums on the cards. It makes sense to do that in the long run, but right now, lower monthly payments is more important lower interest so i have to live with paying 200 a month to a credit card and watch the balance only drop by 7 bucks a month.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    WOW

    you win the sucky credit card contest

    9% is WAY better than I am getting now, but I don't want to pay very much more a month

    I'll let you know how it works out.

    (and I also have no collateral:()

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    I think amatuer night at Deja Vu would have those suckers paid of in no time. On a serious note lots of other cards will let you consilidate all of you cards to them at a lower interest. Get online and investigate.

    roiwmf

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    per your suggestion, I stopped in the Vu at lunch today, they said they would love to have me work there

    in the BACK, something about cleaning out jizzy stalls

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    Ahhh, The coveted Jizz Mopper position. That is one of the most sought after jobs in the Nudie bar. I would have to recomend you take that position. I friend of mine acually saw some guy with that job at strip club in Amsterdam.

    fzxyjvt

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    Jeff -

    After I explained that I had exptensive jizz mopping expeirence they told me that not only did I have the job, but they would increase my salary!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home