Shit Happens

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

a little late

I have two weeks to get everything together and apply for (free!) grad school if I want to start in the spring.

I can try to create a personalized program, combining various journalism/writing/communication classes, and just pay for the ones geared toward English out of pocket, or get all free comm ones to get an MA in comm and worry about how it correlates to my future plans, well, in the future.

Or I can just take some wussy comm classes for "fun." (also free)

Otherwise I have to wait until summer.

In real life, I want to move, go to a real school with a real writing program, take out more loans and live in a box.

But I don't have the stomach for that right now.

Which would YOU recommend?

4 Comments:

  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    You should go back to school. You are still young and not tied down at all. Move somewhere and enjoy it.

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger philo said…

    know the scene in billy madison where he shakes the fat kid and says "stay here. stay here as long as you can"? i think that's what grownups wanna do every time they hear us kids talkin bout "maybe i'll go to school, maybe not." wait shit i'm a grownup now. right, go to grad school, get it paid for, and for god's sake have an affair with a professor.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    jeff -
    Besides bills, I don't plan to EVER be tied down. I don't have a biological clock ticking, own stock in major birth control companies and would leave a guy in a second who doesn't fit into my plans.

    What can I say, I'm a romantic ...

    philly-o -

    Free is here, away is a lot of fucking money (to clarify).

    Send some of your super genuis/free school vibes my way!

    And I'm all over the professor. I'm just hoping it happens BEFORE I am the professor :(

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger ty bluesmith said…

    follow your heart, YO

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home