Shit Happens

Friday, November 18, 2005

$10 off coupon day

I tried to go grocery shopping last night (my cat is going to starve!). I had to drive around looking for a spot at 7 pm. last night. That has never happened to me.

I got inside and it looked like their was soccer mom/ghetto family/hillbilly/fat man prison break! There was bumper-to-bumper cart traffic, the check out lines were backed up all the way down the isles. I stayed about 20 minutes, grabbed a few groceries, decided to abandon cart and got the fuck out of there.

It was $10 off coupon day and it's always like this on Thursdays. AFTER I got home my mom was like, "Oh yeah, it's always bad." Who sends their kids, their own flesh and blood out into a grocery store war? She sent me out there knowing there would be cart ramming and fighting spot fights.

An old lady, coming up the opposite way, almost took the spot I was waiting for. I was ready to throw down over this parking spot. Luckily, I was quicker than her and she drove away in fear.

That's right, I stole a parking spot from an old woman. And I don't really feel bad about it. She can have it for the REST OF HER LIFE when she shows up on Thursdays and spends her precious last YEARS waiting in line.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger christina lynn said…

    Hilarious! Try going to Meijer on a sunday ~ not such a good idea! It is absolutely outrageous; like they're giving away free milk or something. You'll round the corner and crash into someone else's cart. Crazy grocery shoppers.

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    my favorate is mid-night wal-mart/meijer shopping

    we used to do it all the time in college :(

    quit teaching and go back to school with me. we'll be so cool since we can buy our own beer ...

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Ali said…

    Just wanted to say hi.

    I see things haven't changed. Stealing old lady parking spots huh?

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    ali -

    she was going the wrong way down the isle, and i was there first

    and sometimes i don't think old people should be let out of the house without chaperons, espeically not aloud to operate motor vehicles

    what is your myspace link and i'll catch-up on your blog there??

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home