Shit Happens

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Minneapolis or bust

Anna, Amanda (our old college roommate), Laura-maybe and I are heading up to MN this weekend to go see engaged April.

We're so excited, as there is no tax on clothing purchases.(no sales tax at all?) I don't even really like shopping, but I can still get excited about it in a gigantic mall with food and bowling and a roller-coaster. We're also planning to stop by the art museum and zoo.

I'm excited about cramming four ladies in my beetle, clown-style. And out bags in the trunk - traveling light-style. For nine hours. Possibly with no CD player.

I bought one of those cheap-o tape adaptors last night. It is actually designed for an ipod since I am the last person on the planet who actually owns a car without a CD player installed.

The "cheap-o" adaptor was actually $20 and the cheap-o CD player will probably be at least another $20.

So if anyone has either of these things they want to let me borrow or sell to me for a real-life cheap-o price, drop me a line. We girls were really looking forward to fighting about whether me should play Dylan and Atmosphere (me) or Mudvayne and Korn (Amanda).

I am also in need of some parallel parking lessons before my drive up to Chicago ... It took me (an embarrassing) five turns to make one in lame downtown Springfield at lunch today.

9 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    I have one that you can borrow.

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger D e s i g n Girl said…

    M - You are not alone. I can't parallel park either. I'll walk 5 blocks before I give it a shot after some of my previous failures.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    ooooh jeff - what are your plans this week? I am wide open for some cd-pick-up-borrowing

    girl - so you would drive by me and laugh, but not honk and swear?

    that's a little bit of a relief

    that there are others :)

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger ty bluesmith said…

    line your front tire up with the front tire of the car parked in front of the space you're gonna pull into. start cutting the wheel as soon as you get rolling back.

    simple as pie

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    ooooh

    so practical

    if that works i will give you a cookie

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Blogger Poolboy said…

    MMMmmm.... cookies...

    I'd like one too, plz.

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger D e s i g n Girl said…

    Yeah, I think I would honk and laugh...but only because I know what it is like. Then I'd flip off the jackass that was honking at you behind me.:)

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger christina lynn said…

    Why are you going to be in Chicago - why did I not know about it until now - and when, exactly? I would love to meet up with you (and teach you to parallel park, because I am the master!)

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    anon -
    we have to make a deal for cookies

    i can't be going out giving away cookies for nothing or everyone would expect me to share mine

    girl - thanks!

    chrissy - i am only going through on my way up to MN -- maybe closer to the end of the month I'll come up for a real life chicago visit

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home