Shit Happens

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

rambling girl

April just informed me that I should probably order my bride's maid dress by the end of February - for a June wedding. I'll have to talk to the bridal people, but I see myself ordering it in late April. Will I be the worst friend ever if I cut it short?

My dad got a Fit Club membership and Kyle told me an add on is like $25. I'm going to look into that. I have a Racquet Club one, but it's over next next month. It was a present so the money doesn't actually come out of my account. Hopefully, actually paying for it myself and having friends to go with will help. I'm not looking forward to wearing a strapless dress ... There's a lot of arm fat right now and my boobs hang out of everything. Boobs are awesome, but excessive cleavage doesn't really seem christian-wedding appropriate.

April's fiance can't go to her friend Sarah's wedding in April, so I need to find something to wear to that one too. I have a really cute pencil, knee length skirt, that will fit great after about 15 more lbs. I can look for tops later. Shoes in my closet, however, are lacking. I used to have a million, but I've slowly been getting rid of the older ones and haven't been replacing them. And I love shoes! I need to rearrange my priorities to include more shoes. I don't even own black heels right now. Who doesn't have black heels??

I need to figure out a hair style I want. I like this one but I'm really scared of some stranger MN lady doing my hair. (and yes, I realize there is a nipple in that "hair" picture) I'm decent at doing hair so I should find a back up I can do myself and just have it done early by the professional.

I don't really want to drag a date on the 8 hour road trip for a wedding I'll be wrapped up doing wedding things and not available to hang out. And a reception that sounds like it is alcohol-free. I know, you're all just dying to offer your date-services right now. I'm fine with going by myself, staying in a hotel by myself, etc. but I know like three people outside of April's immediate family.

Screw it, I'll buying two bottles of raspberry vodka, some Sprite to mix it with and just relax. How buzzed is too much for wedding pictures? I would like to stay friends with the bride ...


I bought the soundtrack for the No Direction Home documentary Farah bought me for Christmas. It just showed up yesterday, along with another older Dylan documentary. I'm in heaven.

13 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    OK.
    A) Check with the bridal people to see how long it takes for the dress to come in....sometimes its FOREVER. I've been in weddings where we HAD to order like 6 months out.
    B) Work out at my apt complex with Josh. I keep saying I'm going to and never do....at least it saves you some $$. ;)
    C) I find it odd that you don't have black heels too. I dont wear any of mine often lately, but I sure do own lots.
    D) What the hell was in that hairstyle picture that the Nat City censors told me no due to profanity/nudity? Is it playboy.com?!
    E) How bored am I that I posted a multi-part comment?

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    a) 6 months is just not not happening. i'm not a committer, and not a do-earlier, it looks like i'll just have to wear jeans
    b) get my number from ed and i'd come by to sweat with you. just do it. ed is lazy and laying around with him will make you fat. he didn't get cursed with a girl-metabolism
    c) i'm really picky about shoes. once i have a pair, i'll just wear them, regardless of if they are in style or how old they are. but new ones are a big deal
    d) it's from a celebrity gossip site! the censors let my page through??
    e) bored or not, it was a nice sentiment and cheered up my afternoon :)

     
  • At 6:42 PM, Blogger the good time girl said…

    a. a lot can change in six months...what if you lose excessive amounts of weight from this fitclub membership? and what if the dress is totally out of style by then?
    b. amanda, can i work out at this apartment gym, too?! i've been thinking about joining the fitclub with my first school paycheck, but if i can get skinny for free...
    c. if either of you had stump-feet, you could borrow any of my 73 pairs of shoes...i have multiple pairs of black heels...
    d. it's only 1/4 of a nipple...really, everyone has them!!
    e. i'm all about the multi-part comments...
    and f. watch out taking a girl as a date to a wedding...i took my roommate to a couple of my friends' from high school weddings, and they were convinced i was a lesbian.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    Nipples are good

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    M-
    LOL.
    A) You're funny.
    B) You should totally come work out with me, Sarah too.
    C) I'm picky about the shoes I WEAR, but not the shoes I OWN. lol.
    D) Nat City is dumb. Their censors don't pick up bad words in webpages. Just pics.
    E) Glad to entertain.

    When do you leave for Chicago?

    S-
    1. You can totally work out too.
    2. Sorry about the stump feet. ;)
    3. You are so not lesbianish.


    And Jeff ruined our multi-part commenting.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    a) how many bridesmaid dresses are ever in style??? there;s this dumb "bridesmaid style" that the dresses follow- and everyone just goes along with it. kind of like graduation cap and gowns, they suck, but everyone keeps wearing them!
    b)I am free most evenings for workouts. amanda, i put you in charge of organizing this. we can use the dance pad and the strip videos i am ordering to change it up, so we don't get bored.
    c)i am just bad with money. and the shoes i like get more and more expensive as i get older, I don't know why, but I'm working on aquiring cheaper taste
    d)how do the censors just pick up pictures? is there a nipple template the half-nipple picture fit? if I send you links with deformed nipples do you think those will slide through the censors for ou to enjoy at work??
    e)jeff will not ruin our nerdy multi-part commneting. our colective geek powers will over run his lazy, boob-obsessed words.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    A)I agree-most BM dresses suck.
    B)I have class a couple of nights, but its not too bad. Oh, the dancepad..... LOL. I wanted to try one of those strip videos, they're supposed to be really fun.
    C)I am a shoe whore. Cheap ones, expensive ones....doesn't matter.
    D)National City is retarded, that's how. I can type whatever the hell I want in a comment, but if I do it in email....I get an auto warning.
    E)Poor Jeff. All he got out of all that was BOOBS?!
    E)

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    a) I love boobs
    b) I love Big Boobs
    C) Boobs are fun
    D) Hah I am a part of your multi part commenting

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    a) if i ever get married my BMs are wearing real life black dresses, i don't plan to set foot in a bridal shop for anything (or a church for that matter ...)
    b) i can e-mail whatever i want from work but i can't visit the VS site to shop for shoes (my BOOBS are too big for the bras)
    c) jeff, your daughter is going to turn out just like us girls - boobs, sex, shoe addictions and all!
    d) maybe jeff should start taking asprin blood-thinners now to prepare for future child-induced heart problems ;)

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger the good time girl said…

    i really don't have a whole lot to add to the conversation...just:
    a. how in the world do they know there's nipples? do you think they have a monkey sitting in the backroom checking out the pages before you get to see them?
    b. i can say whatever i want in my emails from school, but you can't use swear words?! interesting...
    c. i want to do a drive-thru wedding in vegas if i ever give in to that whole m-word thing...
    d. i need to work out...i'm getting a buddha.
    e. i love shoes like it's my j-o-b!!! steve madden's are my favorite, but when it comes to shoes i'm not terribly picky...i think my favorite shoes to buy are sneakers. i'm a shoe slut. man, i want to go buy a new pair of shoes again...just got a new pair tonight...amanda heard all about it...anyways, yea.

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    M & S,
    A) Nat City is just weird. that's all. No better explanation.
    B)Wedding on the beach. Everyone can wear whatever the hell they want. Though a drive-thru could be fun,too.
    C) Jeff should definitely start with the blood thinners...it IS a girl, after all.
    D) Shoe Carnival had some cute ones....but I only bought Ed shoes. How wrong is that?!
    E) HAVE to pack. God the internet sucks me in.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger the good time girl said…

    --jeff's gonna be screwed...he doesn't know what he's in for with a little girl...
    --i figured i'd switch it up with dashes instead of letters.
    --i'm going shopping for my second and third favorite things to shop for as soon as i get my lazy butt up and get ready: unmentionables and skirts.
    --m, what are your new years plans?
    --new years is gonna be lonely at the bar without a.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I wanna shop.

    Still have to finish packing.

    Melissa is going to Chicago.

    People at work are asshats.

    Aww....I'll miss you too S! ;) You can't groupie half as well w/o me!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home