Shit Happens

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Two pounds - two hundred and fifty millions more to go!

I started going back to fat meetings with Ma and after only eating slightly better last week, I've lost two pounds! I've kept about 10 off the 18ish I lost before -- not great, but better than nothing. Maybe after the holidays I'll get more serious about it, for now, I'm paying nearly $50/month to have someone weigh me. (hey, I never said I was a smart --- did I?)

Skinny Pops has lost over 60 lbs on his liquid diet! He's lost the most in his class and is the only person who hasn't cheated and eaten actual any actual food (scary). He's been very cheery lately, but says his knees are really starting to hurt.

He's had hurty knees for a while, but now he thinks he's missing a vitamin and it is making them worse. Luckily, he's already paying a million dollars for a doctor to monitor his eating and health so he can just ask the guy at his weekly standing appt. My mom and I haven't had the guts to ask how much he wants to lose total, or how much more ...

12 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger the good time girl said…

    congrats, m!! keep it up!!
    p.s. i think i've been inspired to get back into my healthy eating/work out kick. between your blog and shoo's...

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Good job! I'm with you guys.....but I like food. A lot.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Poolboy said…

    I'd rather be beaten unmercifully about the head and shoulders with a cane than diet. I need to diet, though. Damnit.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Are you doing real work? Boo. I'm bored.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    GTG - I wish it were warmer and we could walk together

    a - thanks! i also love food ...

    pool - i'm in a wedding in june, so i'm trying - it's been weak attempts, but even loosing a few lbs is better than none

    a - I have tomorrow off so today is extra busy!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Poolboy said…

    Bah. I hate weddings. The receptions aren't too bad, though.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    This one is liquer-free.

    You know your friends love you when they stick around for your alcohol-free wedding :)

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    A dry wedding? What is that?!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    You like fires and cuddling AND you didn't vote for bush?

    Melissa, I think I love you.


    ;)

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Poolboy said…

    A DRY wedding??? You're not Amish, are you?? ;)

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger jager Jeff said…

    I think a Dry wedding is one of the dumbest things that I have ever heard before in my life. What is wrong with these people.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    It has to do with MN zoning and liquer laws.

    I'm sure no one will mind about the flask in my garder.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home