Shit Happens

Monday, January 02, 2006

still no spell check ... New Year edition

I haven't showered since Saturday evening, but I have a reason. My eye's been swollen since yesterday and after I shower, I have no excuse not to stop in Ugent Care to make sure it's not going to turn rotten and fall out.

I may have gotten dust into it while I spent part of Saturday night on the hard wood floor. I started out on the couch, but I'm about a foot too tall to sleep on a love seat. Next time, I am grabbing the air matress from the sick girl. (or bringing my own, I know, I would never make it in the boy scouts)

Which brings me to the percentage of girls who got sick on New Years. Two out of the four girls we left the house with ended up sick. Luckily, I was not one fo them or I couldn't be making fun of them today.

I'm willing to help you girls, I'll practicie with you all year so we'll be in top form and stay out later than 2 a.m next January.

I'm not complaining. It was worth the four and half hour drive up there. (bad weather! I drove plenty fast enough - through the weather and barely functional windshield wipers) I won't mention how some people thought it was acceptable to show up at a friend-of-a-friend's party not only without a gift for the host, but none of their own liquer to share.

- Cheap people make me a little crazy, which is probably why I'm always broke and the cheap people are doing just fine-

It was a good weekend, in real life. Now I am going to take care of my swollen, hurty eye.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Glad you had a good time?! Besides the eye and stuff.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    LOL....the surgery thing.... remind me to tell you that story sometime. I think you'd be highly entertained.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger the good time girl said…

    sleeping on hardwood floors is cold. how do you not have pneumonia on top of your eye disease?!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    A - The eye seems kinda oozey today. I'm taking a trip by Urgant Care after work.

    GTG - There was a couch option, but it was small and I am not. I'm kinda of a baby when it comes to wear I sleep and would have tried out my car if it wasn't the tiniest thing on the planet.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Aw....hope they fix you fast.

    If you're planning more of this soon, there's air mattresses at Target for $25 right now.

    I slept on my roommate's Aerobed all weekend.....comfy, but you roll towards the middle. There is definitely a difference between cuddling and sleeping on top of each other!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home