Shit Happens

Friday, February 17, 2006

Vacation questions

I got my tax return and I need to spend it on my flight and bills before I spend it all on crap. (I am a master at spending money on crap!)

I'm flying out to Seattle for about 10 days in July but I'm not sure how I should book my flight. The cheapest I've found is a little under $300. I know that priceline(?) lets you name your own price, but doesn't tell you the time and date until the flight is confirmed.

I don't mind doing that since I don't need to be there for a specific event but I would rather know the time in advance. Also, I want to be out there for about 10 days in July/August. I would like the trip to span two weekends, but I'm flexible for a cheap flight.

How do travel agents work? Do travel agents even exist anymore? Is there a site I can type in "10-14 days July 1- August 15" and it will just give me the best deals according to those instructions??

Please help !

7 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger s! said…

    i dunno about travel agents.. but www.bookingbuddy.com let's you compare all the travel sites and find what works best for you. usually midweek flights work out much cheaper. all the best!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    you could totally use a travel agent. they don't always have the best deals but when they do, it is pretty fantastic. you just go in, say what you want her to find for you and she will call you back with dates and prices. then you pay her and she takes care of all the arrangements. it's good times.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    Or have your mom bakes some cookies and bribe Ed.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger ed said…

    bribing Ed will definately work the best. I am a master at booking airfare, when I get back from Florida you and I can sit down and figure this all out........you just need the cookies

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Bennet said…

    I thought
    http://www.expedia.com/
    did all that.
    I don't know.
    All I know is I see their stupid comercials with the roaming gnome..

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    The only manatee I saw was stuffed...sorry M!

    Did you have a good weekend?

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger TheHamburger said…

    Orbitz or Cheaptickets are good sites...Either that or you can go to www.southwest.com and see if they have direct flights there because it might be the cheapest way possible.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home