Shit Happens

Monday, May 01, 2006

Real life last one

No one likes it when the main character dies in the end, so this would be the real life last one.

Alternate Ending

I kicked out
my therapist and flushed
down the pills. I retired
my razor and washed
all of the spoons.

I stopped counting
the hairs as they fell
from my head. I ripped out
the notebook pages to burn
in a flower pot.

I regained
my sex, quickly
then slowly.

I unmarried
my mattress and took
up a man with good genes
and an IRA.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    Shit, Meliss....its kind of ....happy? Are you feeling alright? :)

     
  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    Some of the other ones are worse, this project actually kind of upset me and I might try some more poetry inspired by historical/social events and commentary.

    I'm fine. I just need to learnt o right about bunnies and rainbows or something:)

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    If you do, wonderful. However, bunnies and rainbows don't really entertain me. After all, you are here to entertain me :)

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger K- said…

    I love your back scratches.

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Monica said…

    I am not much of a poetry fan but I gotta say I like the other ending better!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home