Shit Happens

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"Confession"

I just found one of my favorite poems ever, "Confession," by Susan Hahn, online. Blogger ruins it when I try to cut and paste it, but you should go check it out.

A highlight ...

Do you swear to tell the whole truth...?
No Sir, the truth hemorrhages in my pen,
but lies clotted on my tongue.

Do you want a lawyer?
No Sir, I like the unprotected exposure.

Are you a Confessional Poet?
No Sir, they all committed suicide
in the 60's and 70's.

If you can't tell, I love, love love confessional poetry - I'm only 30 years behind in the trend. hah! Unfortunately, Sharon Olds is the only living confessional poet I feel passionately about - if you're into dirty/creepy poems, she's your girl.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    Hmm. I don't know much about poetry. I need to learn more about this genre. I like.

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Marilyndrew said…

    Anne Sexton's Love Poems is very readable and maybe a good place to start.

    I would come down to MO every weekend to come ride motorcycles, read poems and drink Jack/vodka (those should probably be seperate activities ;)

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    I could drink vodka every-other weekend. You could drink vodka every weekend.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Rockstar Jessie said…

    We could start a recolinizing of beatniks. This town is full of young ones, soul searchers and people who just don't know any better.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home